The Astrology Page Blog: True Astrology Confessions and the Transit of Mercury

Monday, November 06, 2006

True Astrology Confessions and the Transit of Mercury

This is a re-do of this article which I posted on 11/6. I corrected the date for the Transit of Mercury. It will occur on 11/8/06. I'll blame the typo on Mercury Rx.

A special planetary event will take place on 11/8/06. Retrograde Mercury will cross the face of the Sun. In astrology this is called a conjunction, but because Mercury is so close to the Sun, the retrograde and the conjunction are more powerful than usual.

From Space Weather News for Nov. 5, 2006

TRANSIT OF MERCURY: On Wednesday, Nov. 8th, Mercury will pass directly in front of the sun. The rare transit will be visible from the Americas, Hawaii and all around the Pacific Rim. It begins at 2:12 p.m. EST (11:12 a.m. PST) and lasts for nearly five hours.

Because Mercury is so small, only a tiny fraction of the sun will be covered. So don't stare at the sun on Wednesday; it will be as blinding as ever. Instead, try to view the event through a properly-filtered solar telescope. Mercury's tiny, jet-black silhouette passing in front of solar prominences, filaments and sunspots should be a marvelous sight.

Visit http://spaceweather.com/ for observing tips and links to live webcasts.

Mercury Retrograde and the Transit of Mercury

This has been an odd Mercury Rx, and some people have been hit hard because this Mercury Rx also includes the "Transit of Mercury".

Personally, I've noticed that it's been slowing me down. I don't feel like writing, and I'm making more typos. It seems to be hitting me more on an inner level than an outer level, but there are eleven days left, so it may manifest outwardly before it's over. I also keep forgetting to get an appointment for routine maintenance on my car, which is a good thing to do in a Mercury Rx. It's a good time to do things over, or fix things, but not a good time to do new things, even if you think they're fixing an old problem. Keep reading to see how it has affected another astrologer.

"True astrology confessions.

A few quotes from the blog of astrologer Philip Brown of Astrofuturetrends.com.
Mercury retrograde got me. I wasn’t paying attention. Well, I was, but not close enough..... What I was not paying attention to was the switch we tried to make to a new phone company. In my own defense, I tried to do this a week before Mercury turned retrograde—but that’s not a very good defense for an astrologer, because I know that Mercury’s motion slows down before it goes retrograde and the effects of that slowing motion can be apparent. "
Read more on Phil Brown's experience and the end result.

Home

Astrology Reports - a great gift


11/11 Mercury 12 Scorpio 53 conjunct Mars Scorpio

For those of you who read my "Weekly Planets" posted on Saturday, 11/4, I left out this poor Mercury transit.

This is the transit that's responsible for verbal sparring and since they're both in Scorpio, words cut deep. Think of the phrase "cut to the chase". This has all the earmarks of Mars in Scorpio. Mars is the planet of cutting, and Scorpio likes to get to the bottom of things. This is not a good time for agreements with this powerful Mercury Rx, they will take more effort than usual. If you make any agreements or negotiations at this time, if you don't pay attention now, when Mercury goes direct you'll have to cut out some of the wording .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wishing You Magic and Miracles 

All contents copyright © 2006 All rights reserved
The Astrology Page Blog


Digg!

Locations of visitors to this page
Astrology in Beverly, Newburyport, Boston, Massachusetts, New England, and around the world