The Astrology Page Blog: Grounding Your Desires

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Grounding Your Desires

Today, the Sun in Aquarius, is making a sextile to Jupiter in Sagittarius, a favorable aspect helping us attract what makes us happy. Finally, we are moving from the uncomfortable opposition of Saturn and Neptune, although we are still feelings the effects. Saturn oppose Neptune forces us to make our fantasies realistic and bring them down to Earth so that they may appear in our world.

I've come across an article that expresses the qualities of these planets and aspects. This article, by Donna Dallal-Ferne, a yoga instructor, tells us how she is using the positive energy of these transits to manifest her desires, (whether she knows it or not). The fact that she discusses a yoga pose in this article indicates that she will ground her desires through her physical body.

Keywords for the Planets and Aspects

Neptune is fantasy, the Divine and the feet. The Sun is the self, success and the heart. Jupiter is a lucky planet that also brings success; it is connected with expansion and wisdom, and rules the hips and thighs. Saturn is career, edges, limits, and it rules the knees. Saturn is a serious planet that works hard to achieve goals. Sextiles are opportunity aspects, while oppositions are about choices and balance.

Read the article to connect the ideas with astrology, and figure out how these keywords are expressed in the article.

Excerpts from Vasistasana by Donna Dallal-Ferne

For some reason this January I have been feeling particularly moved to go after my New Year’s “anticipations” with some pretty serious energy.”

Now is the moment to make my body stronger, find an extra hour for yoga, take some time to walk daily, lose that bit of weight I keep talking about wanting to lose, go after that bigger client base I want to develop, and nurture the growing wisdom that continues to evolve…”
“And then the Divine, within me speaks up and offers a soft quieting voice reminding me of the fine edge of change. The edge of change that straddles acceptance with the desire for movement. So, how do I navigate this edge? How do I balance my eagerness with what I understand and know are my limitations? How do I use what I know about myself to make my way in a manner such that I can anticipate a level of success I can feel good about, and yet not become so ambitious that I will feel defeated before I put my first foot forward?

As I ponder this, I bring myself back to my yoga practice, where I find a sweet combination of direct and metaphorical assistance to just about everything. As I consider some of my edges in yoga, I come to this beautiful, “Ah ha” of Vasistasana (Side Plank Pose). This is the pose that will become a focal point for my practice for the next stretch of time. The metaphor of Vasistasana, and the challenges it offers me are very apt. It is a balancing pose that requires strength, confidence, and a determined spirit. I generally bring myself into it, no problem, but fall out quickly, and then, the tendency is to walk away and not come back to it for a good long time. Not so unlike some other struggles in my life!

The benefit of taking care of business through yoga is that, not only is yoga a serious practice that brings me to a depth of understanding and insight about both myself and the world around me, but it is also a friendly, playful practice, that is patient, kind, and forgiving. So I will honor and nurture my space in Vasistasana, allowing it to become my play; the play that will help me guide my determined spirit with balance, strength, and confidence.

Donna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wishing You Magic and Miracles 

All contents copyright © 2006 All rights reserved
The Astrology Page Blog


Digg!

Locations of visitors to this page
Astrology in Beverly, Newburyport, Boston, Massachusetts, New England, and around the world